American Dream

I have a goofy habit. My wife calls it annoying. Whenever someone asks me how I'm doing, I say, "I'm living the dream." James Truslow Adams was an American writer, historian and Pulitzer Prize winner; he coined the term "The American Dream". It went something like this: "…[I] dream of a land in which life should be better and richer and fuller for everyone, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement….It is not a dream of motor cars and high wages … but a dream of … in which each man and each woman shall be able to attain to the fullest stature of which they are innately capable…” My farcical but honest response, "I'm living the dream" usually causes the other person to laugh or smile or snicker. But I’m sincere in my reply. The "dream" is what you want it to be. For me, it's living for God - which leads me to love God and therefore love others. This is my “living the dream," and it has little to do with financial gain or happiness or popularity. Instead, it has everything to do with who I am in God and what He wants me to do. This Fourth of July weekend take time to remember the freedoms we have in this country, including the freedom to disagree, with civility. Then, begin to realize the dream within you. Peace…Pastor Keith
#minmchurch
#minmchurch