Religion as a Transaction; Transformation Optional?

In his book The Cost of Discipleship Dietrich Bonhoeffer wrote: 
"Cheap grace is the preaching of forgiveness without requiring repentance, 
Baptism without church discipline, Communion without confession, 
Absolution without personal confession…
Cheap grace is ... without discipleship, [it's]
Grace without the cross..."

Maybe the polar opposite of cheap grace is transformative grace. It says I was broken and in need of repair; I experienced the love and mercy of a benevolent God and while still imperfect I'm being healed; I'm being restored; I’m being made whole.
Receiving the transformative grace of God opens our eyes to His amazing acceptance of us in spite of our own failures and sin. 
I think transformative grace humbles us in the presence of God and produces an overwhelming gratitude which ought to flow towards others.  Just a thought…pkes

#MetroLifeChurch #CheapGrace #minmchurch 
Photo courtesy of Kirby Trapolino