My God!

My God! He is not an Episcopalian, not a Catholic, not a Baptist, not an Evangelical. His politics are not left leaning nor do they hedge to the right. He will outlast Mt Rushmore; He is not represented by a bald eagle but a descending dove. 
Every nation has churches that are shaped by their society’s cultural values and by the political landscape of the day. America is no different. But we must always remember that the God of the Scriptures is the God of one ideology, His. 

He is the God of the poor and stranger(s), Lev 19:10. 
God, residing in his holy dwelling, is a father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, Ps 68:5. 
The Eternal preserves the stranger [foreigner].       
Ps 146:9 

I love America, my country - I’m committed to liberty and justice for all. But way to many churches are reflecting the ugliness of our age rather than the beauty of the risen Christ. 
Pray with me: Lord, save us from ourselves. In your great mercy, restore and heal each of us, wherever we reside; grant us your peace on this earth…pkes