Follow Your Heart?


The world, planet earth, says: “Follow Your Heart." Really? Have you ever tried to follow your heart? Its an interesting directive that can be incredibly freeing, assuming the body, psyche and spirit are properly tethered and your internal hunch is neutral and without bias. 
But it can also be horrifically dangerous to follow our feelings, desires, and emotions, no matter how grounded we think we are because our internal guidance systems change all the time. They can change with a phone call, a word of criticism or a traffic jam. If we truly followed them, we’d be all over the map with our decisions. 
The Prophet Jeremiah said: “The heart is most devious and incurably sick. Who can understand it?” Ezekiel chimed in about the heart too: “I will plant a new heart and new spirit inside of you. I will take out your stubborn, stony heart and give you a willing, tender heart of flesh. 
In my life I found that the great cardiologist, Jesus, accomplished a miraculous heart transplant when I came to grips with, understood, and yielded to a prayer something like this — Lord, don’t let me follow my heart. Instead, You lead my heart to do Your will, and I'll follow, by faith. Amen...#pkes

#MetroLifeChurch #MinMchurch