Friendships Matter - 2019


  • The average Facebook user has 155 friends, but would trust only four of them in a crisis. 
  • The Average Twitter User Now has 707 Followers.
  • 77.6 million Instagram users are from the US; Six in ten online adults have Instagram accounts.

Friendships Matter
Strong friendships are a critical aspect of most people's emotional well-being. They can: bolster against loneliness; decrease anxiety, and improve one's physical health. When it comes to establishing a friendship, the quality of time spent together is often more important than the quantity. People who study ppl say that it’s not necessary to form a large network of friends. Rather research shows that building, cultivating and sustaining just a few close friends can be huge — providing tremendous benefits.

“No longer do I call you servants, for the servant doesn’t know what his lord does. But I have called you friends, for everything that I heard from my Father, I have made known to you.” (John 15:15WEB)

How wild it is to think that he Son of God calls us friends. A designation of “friend” details closeness, a very personal relationship. And why does he call us friends? The answer centers on communication.  Jesus lifted the fog of uncertainty. He shared everything he heard from his Father, with us. With words crafted and authored in heaven, He offered us hope and direction. That’s something I can get my head around as I move into 2019……#pkes

#MinistryinMotion #MetroLifeChurch