Lost My Joy

I am constantly misplacing my reading glasses. I take them off, put them down and poof, they vanish – at least that’s my story. What’s the easiest thing for you to lose? Your wallet, your keys, your mind – LOL? I think the easiest thing for many of us to lose is our joy. You can lose it after a short conversation or over an email or maybe after a phone call. The reality is, there are tons of ways to lose your joy and lose it oh so quickly. When God’s children aren’t filled with joy, it makes God look kind ‘a bad. Cranky Christians are a bad witness. They look like they’ve been baptized in lemon juice – all frowny face and puckered. God not only wants us to bear witness to Him with our voice, He wants us to be witnesses with our countenance. So, how do you get your joy back? Start by admitting you’ve lost it. “There is no joy left in our hearts,” said Jeremiah. Admit that you’ve lost what you once had and ask God about it. David prayed this in Psalm 51:12: “Restore to me the joy of your salvation”. He’s waiting to help you. Joy and Peace…Pastor Keith #MinistryinMotionChurch