That's Not Fair!


#MetroLifeChurch #minmchurch
The promotion you didn't get; the bad news from the doctor; the dreaded phone call late at night; shattered dreams. We've all experienced the sentiment of "it not being fair.” Sometimes things in life appear unfair, from a human point of view. Matthew wrote in his Gospel: "...He [God] causes the sun to rise on good people and on evil people, and he sends rain to those who do right and to those who do wrong..." So even in my hyper-vigilant Christian walk it's likely I'm going to get wet - a little rain is going to fall.  God's definition of fair and unfair is way beyond my pay grade and understanding, so much so that I have no real jurisdiction to evaluate His actions and will. I can know Him, but I can’t always know His ways. Concerning fairness, well maybe we aren't subject to His standard of fairness as we define it. Sometimes a form of inconvenience, even pain, is the only way we will loosen our ties to our small and narcissistic self. So I ask in the storms, Father, what do You want me to learn from this rainy experience?