Lent 2017

When I was young, we practiced Lent. As I “matured” in the church I stopped practicing Lent because it was assumed to be a "dead tradition" and because I couldn't find a proof text for it in Scripture.
Now I realize that Lent is not a tradition for tradition's sake, it’s about my focus on Christ, Easter and the hope of the resurrection - not the hope of human perfection but a life in God that overshadows my own.

Practicing #Lent2017 presents a serious challenge, especially in today’s culture, which is so often overconfident and riddled with self. Yet, Lent bids us to allow the Spirit to search our hearts to see if there’s any flawed and twisted way present, then to look to a loving God for forgiveness, transformation and blessing. I pray your time spent in the Lenten journey will lead you towards God’s peace and love. Shalom ...pkes
#Lent2017
#MetroLifeChurch #minmchurch