Lenten Reality Check

I’m having lunch with a friend of mine. He takes a big bite of his Friday lunch special, pauses, swallows and gasps - Oh crap, I forgot I gave up meat for lent! He shrugs his shoulders and finishes his meal, muttering, I think I gave up French fries too…
I love this quote by Pastor Bruxy Cavey: "Giving up...stuff is not the ticket to heaven. It is the coming and following Jesus—that's where we receive the gift of grace." The Apostle Paul said it like this: Since we have been acquitted and made right through faith, we are able to experience true and lasting peace with God through… Jesus…[He] leads us into a place of radical grace where we are able to celebrate the hope of experiencing God’s glory. God's radical grace:
-       Something gotten, but something given;
-       A gospel-transformed, character refined heart;
-       Not just forgiveness - forgiveness fueled by surrender;
God’s radical grace is like a voice calling from heaven that summons us to change and then gives us the power to pull it off. May grace and peace from God surround you as we venture deeper into Lent…Pkes #GodsRadicalGrace   #LentenRealityCheck