9.21.14
I Need Better Reception. I have the latest state of the art smart phone. It does lots of things well. Providing quality cellular phone service, not so much. I need something better than 4G LTE services to get an improved signal.
While in ministry I’ve noticed that I can be a lot like my cell phone. I can multitask, be comfortable, and on occasion, be brilliant and powerful. But too often my reception is spotty – I need to be better at hearing God’s voice. I truly need better reception. I’m going to install some new apps in my spiritual life to improve clarity, starting with these four: 1) Have a seeking and quiet heart. 2) Be a better listener. Hearing God's voice requires one major thing – listening. I’m going to stop talking and listen more. 3) Practice patience, and 4) Obey God. Hearing from God doesn't mean much if I don't obey. Consider this: “…The Lord came and stood there and called… Samuel said, “Speak, Lord. I am your servant and I am listening.” Just a thought this Sunday…Pastor Keith https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYu8ZyETnKo