Living with Wolves


The Christian belongs not in the seclusion of a cloistered life but in the thick of foes.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer's quote has stirred me. Jesus told His followers, “…I am sending you out to be sheep among wolves…” I had to ask myself, and truth-be-told,  pestering my wife too, asking are most Christians equipped to be out among the wolves without succumbing to their ways? Christians have always lived, and often thrived, in cultures where they are and were the minorities. There is little doubt that American Christians are experiencing a cultural shift – we’re living in a society that appears more secular than religious. I’m thinking that the Christian community’s challenge is to shelf their judgmental, pious positions in favor of engaging the world in a responsible manner. Jesus held mixers in the thick of foes – He mingled with the wolves. Shouldn’t we do the same by simply sticking with what He commanded us to do: By being love; caring for the poor, the sick and the brokenhearted; standing up for the oppressed; being generous; living lives filled with grace and gentleness? #minmchurch #metrolifechurch