Grappling With Grief

Adopted from a Ministry in Motion July 17th, 2016 post. Do All Dogs Go To Heaven? “…If unconditional love, loyalty, and obedience are the tickets to heaven and an eternal life with my creator then my Corgi, Zoe, will surely be there long before me…” She is there now. She is where I am not, and I’m left to mourn, remember, and be comforted by those who cared for me. There are many. They’ve not been shy about connecting, loving and being supportive. Thank you. 


Still, I grapple with my grief. I’m left to breathe in a place I’ve never been before. I look at my wounds of hurt and know I must live through them — it’s better to feel them than to understand them; better to enter into them than talk about them. Speaking aloud is still too breathtaking.

Losing a pet is no doubt one of the most difficult things any animal lover can go through. For many, our pets are like members of the family, and the grief and sadness we feel when they pass away can be overwhelming. Today, my grief has not breathed it’s benediction yet, so I lament…

To those who might comment Zoe was just a pet, I say I’m sorry you don’t understand. Until this week, I’m not sure I understood what it meant to lose a four legged, furry, companion of 15 years. I do now…#pkes





 Office[at]minm.church

#MininstryinMotion