New Year's 2024, A Thought

Do you make a New Year’s resolution?  
I not very good at keeping resolutions; 
I've tried and failed, miserably.


Resolutions this time of year tend to “activate hope and expectations for what we hope to achieve going forward. With a new year comes a sense of renewal," says psychologist Mariana Strongin, PsyD.


Just last week while singing Christmas carols, I poorly sang: 

🎶 O little town of Bethlehem, how still we see thee lie; Above thy deep and dreamless sleep the silent stars go by. Yet in thy dark streets shineth the everlasting light; The hopes and fears of all the years are met in thee tonight 🎶


As I consider the new year and the faith I profess, I pray: Lord I am prone to be forgetful. May your ever present Spirit remind me, yet once again, that my hope rests in You; that my fears are extinguished by your presence and your unfailing love. May it be so, I pray…Amen 

#pkes    #MinM