More of What?

And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, 
that I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh…
God didn’t stop His interaction with mankind by just sending his Son to dwell among us; he also sent his Spirit (Grk. Paraclete;  Lat. paracletus = advocate or helper), the Holy Ghost, to reside within us. The Holy Spirit has many attributes, His principal work isn’t to supplement what Jesus did but to help us apply what the Son did to and in our lives.
As a regenerated man, I use to think: How can I have more of the Holy Spirit? 

But now I'm thinking: How can the Holy Spirit have more of me? 
Because really, is't the mark of a Spirit filled Christ-follower someone who is increasingly drawn to and becoming like Jesus?
Here's what that looks like: You respond with blessing rather than cursing; you weep and rejoice with others; you work to build unity rather than create division; you relate to others with humility. You love the unlovable

 So I pray: 
O’ God, thank you for filling me with your Spirit;
Now, may I share a holy attitude and demonstrate your divine love;
Quicken this mortal body for your glory and for your kingdom; 
Do this please, through Jesus Christ my Lord,  Amen. 
     
#MetroLifeChurch #MinMChurch
#pkes