Hip Proverbs 4.0 - God's Pet Peeves


God of Love: When was the supreme nature of God revealed to us? Maybe, just maybe, it was at the moment of crucifixion when Jesus prays, “Father, forgive these people! They don’t know what they’re doing.”   This is grace demonstrated as extraordinary, incomparable love.

God’s Pet Peeves
We humans can be such a challenge. Even the God of love has His pet peeves with us. Sin. People who say they don’t believe in sin are moved to reaction at the mention of the word. Sin is a corrosive agent, it erodes relationships, infects relational closeness and replaces love with self-centeredness. It creates a creepiness between us and others; between us and God. Solomon answers the question, what does the Lord hate, in the Book of Proverbs. We read: 
A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
A heart/mind that thinks up wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
A mouth that tells one lie after another,
And one who sows discord among brethren, or family or friends.

Truth be told, this is quite a bundle of obsessions — things God hates. I feel uncomfortable even sharing this list of sins from the Hebrew Scriptures. The wordsinhas virtually disappeared from most conversations. We’re afraid of sounding judgmental, we gravitate to calling sin something else: a mistake, an addiction, a tendency or a bad decision. And, I like many, prefer to see God as a lover not a hater.  But what God hates is sin, that which is stored-up in the hearts and minds of His people...we hope no one notices - but He does. 

Introspection. So I think about what I’m thinking about. I examine my internal thoughts and feelings and reflect on what they mean. I  scrutinize my motives and actions. “Two things fill the heart with renewed and increasing awe and reverence the more often and the more steadily that they are meditated on: the starry skies above me and the moral law inside me” ~ I. Kant
Shalom…#pkes
#MetroLifeChurch #HipProverbs #MinMChurch