The Eucharist

Communion. The Eucharist. The Lords Supper, where Jesus, the Christ, gave his disciples bread and wine during the Passover meal. Here Jesus commanded his followers to "do this in memory of me". This week, person after person filed by me and I said the same refrain: “the body of Christ broken for you – the blood of Christ shed for you”. I looked into each person’s eyes as I repeated these words. Some looked at me with an empty and hollow stare – as if to say, what? Others gazed back with a polite and obligatory smile and nod. Others, still others, responded to my words: “blood of Christ shed for - YOU” with a look that could only be captioned with the words: “Really! For me?” Look into someone’s eyes this week and tell them about the miracle of the cross. Shalom...Pastor Keith #minmchurch #churchpearland