Spiritual Renewal #Lent

This week the Lenten theme continues. Spiritual Renewal. King David the Psalmist wrote: …God, make a fresh start in me, shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life…put a fresh wind in my sails!” I don’t know about you, but I have a skeleton or two in my closet, my sails have a few tears and I’ve experienced my share of chaos. O God, renovate in me a right spirit! The steps to spiritual renewal are neither secretive nor complicated. When I cry out to God, and ask in sincerity for His restoration, He has always faithful to comply. It’s not in His character to be otherwise, but I have to take the first step. The musicians, The Brilliance,* captured this thought when they sing: “…[God] Open your mouth and speak the word that heals this [my] broken ground…” My prayer for us, this 1st week of Lent is: Father, give us a renewed and fresh start, Amen.
* The Brilliance, Spirit of God @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsqq5vJ1LU4
#minmchurch #Lent