Advent - Hope

As we prepare our hearts and souls for the arrival of the Christ child, we focus on the themes of Advent: hope, peace, joy & love. Hope. Most people understand hope as wishful thinking, as in "I hope something will happen." Hope often gets a bad rap, like a blissfully naïve chump pushing up against a wall with a big smile, thinking he can move the immovable. Both the Hebrew and Greek Biblical definitions of hope are similar: “confident expectation.” Scriptural hope is more like a firm assurance exercised during our spiritual walk. To the Believer, hope is the knowledge that we are being changed for the better, as we trust in God's promises, whether they are initially clear or cloudy, complete or evolving.
As we move towards Christmas Day, as we move further into the rhythms of the season of Advent, consider what expectations of hope may have been dashed in your life and present those feelings, in honesty and vulnerability, to the Lord.

Father, there’s stuff, events & people & rubble in my life that’s totally different from what I expected. At times, I’m confused, perplexed and even disturbed. Despite all of my emotions, I will believe and praise the One who saves me, and is my life. Continue to grow your perfect will in my life, Amen
#MetroLifeChurch #minmchurch