I'm Bankrupt Without Love

alt=www.minm.church
#MetroLifeChurch #minmchurch
The fourth week of Advent, the last Sunday before Christmas, boasts of love. The gift of Christmas was given on a starry night, to the parents of a young couple traveling in obedience to the harsh rules of an oppressive government. The gift of God’s love, lying in a feeding trough, was and is for those of us who despite our failures and our brokenness and our mistakes, a gift of love shown more in deeds than in words.

Here’s a couple of points I’m going to put into practice as I embrace the gift of God’s love and move towards Christmas day. Won’t you join me in: Letting those we love be perfectly themselves - not twisting them to fit my your image of who they should be - accepting them at face value; Looking for the image of God in others, reminding ourselves it’s about the contents of a person, not the container; Daily let’s remind ourselves, life isn’t about me, it’s about God and God is about love. Lastly as Advent comes to a close, let’s not look to others for the kind of love and affirmation only God can give us. Shalom and Come Emmanuel