The Table

Isn't table sharing what we are here for? Christians have a differing relationship with the Lord’s Supper, Communion, the Eucharist. This Passover induced gospel feast has been central to Christian worship since the beginning of the church. But many believers find the Lord’s Supper confusing, boring, intimidating or a dogmatic ritual.
There was a point, in my pastoral walk, where I must admit I may have over emphasized what Paul wrote in Corinthians: “Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty concerning the body and blood of the Lord.” While I can’t speak for you, but even on my best days, I could easily not feel worthy. Was the Apostle Paul telling the Corinthian Church, and you and me, that we had to have our proverbial act together before we take Communion? OMG, I hope not! 
While we do need to check ourselves, The Table must be a welcoming place, a spot for truthful reflection, a bastion of grace, accepting those who are single or married, divorced or gay, filthy rich or dirt poor. Truthfully, I want to break bread with those who give a financial offering & those who blew their $$ at the dog track. I want to commune with NASCAR guys and vegan tree huggers. Pharisees. Romans. Prostitutes. Sinners. All need to feel welcomed in the church and at The Table.

#MetroLifeChurch   #MinMChurch