Telegram

God, you lifted and carried away the guilt. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the author of the Sherlock Holmes mysteries, is alleged to have once sent this telegram to twelve of his friends: "All is discovered. Flee at once." All twelve left the country. Truth, hoax or urban legend, the story illustrates the well-travelled theme of guilt. Guilt is the handmaiden of shame, it can paralyze; it’s a sure fire recipe for resentment and depression. So how should we deal with feelings of guilt? Look at how King David addressed guilt in the Psalms:  “…When I refused to admit my wrongs, I was miserable, moaning and complaining all day long …Your [God’s] hand kept pressing on me…You wore me down...I finally saw my own lies, I owned up … I did not try to hide my evil deeds from You… You lifted and carried away the guilt…So let all who are devoted to You speak honestly…” Sadly, many folks are prone to wallow in the memories of an errant past, which is pointless and contrary to living the victorious life God designed for us. The Apostle Paul wrote “…if anyone is united with the Anointed One, that person is a new creation. The old life is gone… new life has begun!” Friends, all is discovered, tell your guilt to flee at once! Pastor Keith  


#minmchurch   #MinistryinMotionChurch