Friendsgiving?

Friendsgiving is a mashup of the word “friend” and “thanksgiving” referring to a shared meal among friends, during the Thanksgiving season. The word is said to have first appeared around 2007 as an informal replacement for the holiday typically spent with family. Traditions change. Maybe friends are the new extended family. 

The topic of authentic relationships deserves much more attention than it gets, or than I'm giving it today. Our social connections can have a huge impact on our ability to navigate life’s journey and challenges. Truth be told and over the years, if you’re like me, you’ve known and met oodles of people. However, a few may have, and continue to have, a profound impact on your story. So now, as I clear my throat, let the sentimentality commence:

Dear friends,
This isn’t going to be a really long thank you note. It’s length and order says nothing about my depth of appreciation for you. But during this season of thankfulness I wanted to say publicly TY for having a big influence over how I feel, think, and behave. I want to say that I acknowledge you, I see you & I’m thankful for every single one of you. 
Pkes