Did I Offer Peace Today?


As an old hippie wishing someone peace was fairly common. Not so much today. In Jesus’ time wishing peace was a way of bidding farewell. Even today in the Middle East "shalom" and "salaam," both are fairly common greetings and goodbyes.


In one of the most amazing, wonderful and sweetest stories in the Bible, mere hours before Jesus was crucified, He was concerned for the faith of his followers. Think of it. Jesus said to his disciples in John’s Gospel: 
“…Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives…” The verse gives me pause:

Did I offer peace today? 

Did I bring a smile to someone's face? 

Did I say words of healing? 

Did I let go of my anger and resentment? 

Did I forgive? 

Did I love? 

These are the real questions. @HenriNouwen

May the God of all hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him; May you experience the tangible and overflowing power of shalom by the very presence of the Holy Spirit; May peace be with you — Amen
#MininstryinMotion #pkes