Humility Makes Us Real

Intellectual humility =  “the recognition that the things you believe in might in fact be wrong,” ~ M. Lear

Least we forget it’s the Lenten season, I pause and contemplate what the Book of Common Prayer says this week: “…There were some people who thought they were very good and looked down on everyone else… One … was a Pharisee. [He together with and a tax collector]…they both went to the Temple to pray….the Pharisee prayed…‘O God, I thank you that I am not as bad as other people…thank you that I am better…I fast twice a week, and I give a tenth of everything I get!’” He thought he got it, but he did't - he was not nearly as religious as he hoped. 
“…The tax collector stood alone…he prayed…not even looking up to heaven. He felt very humble before God. He said, ‘O God, have mercy on me. I am a sinner!’
Jesus concluded this story by saying: “…People who make themselves important will be made humble. But those who make themselves humble will be made important… Luke 9


Humility. As we navigate life together in the Spring of 2020, consider these activities that may cultivate our humility: Open up time to listen, well; Be grateful for what you have, and sharing it; Ask for help when you need it and; Review your actions against a language of pride. 



What else might be added to the list? 
Lean in and share on our FB Page.
#pkes #MininstryinMotion