DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR RELIGION OR DID SOMEONE PICK IT FOR YOU?

I’m unpacking some thoughts about religion, so I pose this as a serious question, with the utmost respect towards readers of different religions, faiths and creeds. Did you choose your faith or did someone choose it for you?
I think God appreciates those who are honestly emptied of self and then seek Him without regard to family, social or cultural influences. In a world steeped with religious diversity I’ve looked, argued, studied and experienced the Way, Truth and Life - my faith has been shaped and settled; I’m steadfast in my choice.
I like what CS Lewis said: “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.”
Our religion shapes our loves, ideals, behavior, and goals, but unless we’ve thought about it clearly, that faith may not be worth believing - if you find God too easily, maybe it’s not the Eternal you have found. 
 #ChooseYourReligion #MetroLifeChurchTx #minmchurch